THE FUTURE OF CLEAN AIR HANGS ON OUR DISCHARGE ELECTRODES
The basic principle of electrostatic precipitation requires the highest possible level of electrical charging of the suspended dust particles. The effectiveness of this charge is one of the determining factors in the overall performance of an Electrostatic Precipitator. Discharge electrodes are thus seen as fundamental components used in the optimization processes leading to the highest possible collecting efficiency.
Through the use of our in-house test precipitators to evaluate the effectiveness of various configurations on flashover propagation as well as many years of experience in the field, we have developed a new type of discharge electrode, G-Spike™ comprising special attributes with relevant application and following benefits:
• A tube and spike rigid electrode arrangement (RDE)
• Highly aggressive electrode with razor sharp spikes
• Very high electrical current and voltage carrying capacity
• Substantial % increase of corona discharge resulting in higher possible level of precipitation
• Tubular configuration minimizes “onset” voltage and enhances corona discharge at spike sharp points
• Spike element comprises 4 “tines” at each end providing an optimized layout for matching to corresponding collector electrode geometry
• Highly durable spikes which maintain effective sharpness throughout lifetime of the electrode
• Ideal rapping impact frequency transfer due to use of stainless steel elements
• Stand alone and weighted configuration eliminating need for holding frames
• Easy replacement for older type or damaged third-party electrodes
• Ease of installation, increased reliability and minimal maintenance.
ENHANCED CORONA DISCHARGE USING INNOVATIVE DISCHARGE ELECTRODES
Following completion of laboratory tests and relevant positive evaluation, G-Spike™ RDE systems were supplied for various electrostatic precipitator refurbishments or new projects in the following industries:
• Pulp & Paper: Recovery boilers (Soda ash)
• Pulp & Paper: Power boilers
• Steel plants: Room dedusting, sinter off-gas
• Smelter: Off -gas and Dryer
• Cement : Kiln/Cooler
• Power generation: Power boilers
• Copper plant : Reverb cooler
OTHER SPECIALIZED DISCHARGE ELECTRODES• Helical units of the G-Spring type using stainless steel square wire providing optimized Corona formation, are used extensively in dry as well as wet type electrostatic precipitators. They are well suited for simple and cost effective replacements where specific type discharge frames are still installed.
• Rigid discharge electrodes with either helical elements or single Y-type spikes for application in tube as well as honeycomb arrangements.